Thursday, February 19, 2015

Review on Lush’s Skin Drink Moisturizer

Lush’s Skin Drink Moisturizer

Price: $23.95 

Amount per jar: 1.5 ounces




CLAIMS:

Skin Drink is the thickest facial moisturizer sold at Lush. The thick, brownish cream is designed for particularly parched, dry skin. So if you have flaky, dry patches, or suffering from harsh winter winds, Skin Drink is suppose to hydrate and smooth out all your rough bits.


My Skin:

I’m 24 years old and suffer from adult acne -_-. It’s been a long, hard battle. My skin tends to be on the dry, sensitive end and I also suffer from eczema. I’ve had eczema on my face three times in 24 years, and I hope to keep it that way. I do get a tad oily mostly around my nostrils (strange, right?). This winter has dried out my skin badly. I had dry patches on my cheeks, chin and forehead so I needed serious help.
A recent picture of my skin post cleansing so you can get an idea of what it looks like. Sorry for the cheesy photo!

Review: I used Skin Drink when I was 17 to maintain dewy, hydrated skin so I figured why not give it another go? The formula is too thick to use as a day cream so I have applied this over top of my acne treatments every night for the past month. 

Pros: Thick consistency left an oily barrier between my face and the harsh cold air. It feels extremely hydrating once applied and sinks into the skin in about 20-30 minutes. The overall effect is the same as coating Vaseline over your face, you will look like you have applied an oily product and surprise, surprise you have! Similar to all the overnight facials that have become so popular in appearance. 

Inside of pot...yum.

Ingredients are all listed on the product and they are mostly natural/organic products. Does come with a expiration date. Each tub is best used within a year of purchase but they contain such a small amount of product you’ll go through it in a matter of 2-3 months.

Water (Aqua) , Sesame Oil (Sesamum indicum) , Rose Petal Infusion (Rosa centifolia) , Fresh Organic Avocado (Persea gratissima) , Almond Oil (Prunus dulcis) , Propylene Glycol , Fair Trade Organic Cocoa Butter (Theobroma Cacao) , Stearic Acid , Cetearyl Alcohol , Aloe Vera Extract (Aloe barbadensis) , Organic Aloe Vera Gel (Aloe barbadensis) , Organic Evening Primrose Oil (Oenothera Biennis) , Neroli Oil (Citrus Aurantium amara) , Rose Absolute (Rosa damascena) , Triethanolamine , *Geraniol , *Farnesol , *Limonene , *Linalool , *Citronellol , Fragrance , Methylparaben , Propylparaben

Cons: It didn’t moisturize one stubborn dry patch on my chin. I would reapply in that area every 30 minutes but for some reason that area WOULD NOT HYDRATE. Frustrated.jpg. 

Not sure if this breaks me out but or not. Suffer from the same amount of blemishes as always but that’s not fair to the product because it’s not formulated to treat or prevent blemishes. 


Pretty pricy for the amount of product it contains. Definitely a high maintenance product because it comes in a little tub. There is an option of packaging that ha a pump which I highly recommend. A pump is always better than a jar or tub because it maintains the integrity of the product and prevents bacteria from contaminating the product. 

All in all, a good moisturizer to try out if you’r at your wits end. There better all natural combinations for dry, sensitive skin such as facial oils. Skin Drink is primarily sesame oil so any all natural facial oil will work wonders. I recommend marula, argan, or jojoba oil in that order. They work beautiful as night time moisturizers on dry, sensitive skin and hydrate the flakiest of patches. 


TLDR: Good, not great, night moisturizer for normal/dry skin with clear unblemished skin. 

No comments:

Post a Comment